With April coming to a close, let’s take a look at the Dodgers DL:
- Hyun-Jin Ryu remains on the disabled list with a shoulder issue that has had him sidelined since the season began. He threw a bullpen session April 28th, and is scheduled to throw another session May 1st. His return is expected in May.
- Joel Peralta is also on the 15-day DL with “dead arm.” While there does not seem to be a lingering problem coupled with this, there has been a dip in velocity on his pitches. We can expect a return in May.
- Kenley Jansen began the season on the disable list following foot surgery. He threw to batters off the mound over a week ago. He is expected to return in mid-May.
- Carl Crawford was placed on the 15-day DL with an oblique tear. He left Monday’s game early and is likely to return mid-May.
- Yasiel Puig remains on the disabled list with a hamstring strain. He had been playing through this injury which might explain his struggles so far this season. He is expected to return in May.
- Brandon Beachy has been recovering from Tommy John Surgery. He threw off the mound on March 17th, the first time since his surgery. He is expected to return to the roster some time during the middle of the season.
- Brandon League started the season on the 15-day DL and was moved the 60-day disable list on April 26th to make some room on the 40-man roster. He has been suffering from shoulder inflammation. League’s possible return is around the middle of the season.
- Chris Withrow began the season on the 60-day DL. He underwent Tommy John surgery on June 3rd of last year and then underwent back surgery on December 1st. He is expected to return midseason.
Out for the season
- Brandon McCarthy is scheduled for Tommy John surgery tomorrow and will be out for the remainder of the season. We will not see him pitch again until after the All-Star break in 2016.